Ask Your Representative to Support Raise the Age
HB 274, the Raise the Age bill in the Missouri House of Representatives, is making its way to the House floor! Reach out to your representatives NOW to ask them to support the bill! All you need is your address and we'll get you to your Representative. We'll even provide editable talking points!
Ask Your Senator to Support Raise the Age
Ask your state Senator to vote for SB 40 — Senator Wayne Wallingford’s bill to raise the age. All you need is your address and we'll get you to your Senator. We'll even provide editable talking points!
Show Your Support on Social Media
Here are some sample Tweets you can use — just copy and paste or click to tweet!
- Please support HB 274 and SB 40 for safe communities, a strong workforce, and taxpayer savings! Vote to #RaisetheAgeMo! Tweet this!
- #RaisetheAgeMO is common-sense reform to keep our kids and communities safe. #Moleg we need your support for HB 274 and SB 40! Tweet this!
- Including 17-year-olds in juvenile court is good for public safety. That’s why we should #RaisetheAgeMO! Please support HB 274 and SB 40! Tweet this!
Here are some sample posts you can use – just copy and paste:
- Missouri is one of only 6 states that automatically prosecute all 17-year-olds as adults, even for the most minor offenses. That’s bad for kids and bad for public safety. It’s time to #RaisetheAgeMO by supporting SB 40 and HB 274!
- Show your support for #RaisetheAgeMO by telling the Missouri Legislature that we need smarter policies that improve public safety and protect our youth. It’s time to pass #SB40 #HB274 and #RaisetheAgeMO.